The beauty of your fish can be enhanced by the type of aquarium you keep for them, including these lovely nano fish tank for beginners. If you have a great looking rimless model, you can be sure that it will improve your fish’s appearance and will look great with any type of surroundings. There are a few things you need to consider when purchasing a fish tank. Knowing these things will help you evaluate a product and better decide which one you would like to buy.
Top fish tanks for the money
When you go to buy a fish tank, you will find many options available. It is here you will need to decide which one you should get. To make that process easier for you, we have listed down the top three fish tanks you can get for your home.
Schuber Wright Rimless Aquarium Review
A rimless fish tank has class and will look great in any office, shop, or home. To get the best of a rimless tank, you need to make sure that the glass is super clear so that you can look directly through it. One of the best rimless tanks you will find is the Schuber Wright Fancy Star Blue Rimless Aquarium, 4-Gallon. It is a big tank and by putting it in the right spot, it is sure to become the center of attention.
There are many great features about this tank, but the ones we feel need to be highlighted are its glass and the ability to add lighting. The glass is 6mm thick, which makes the aquarium robust enough to withhold 4 gallons of water. It will not break under pressure; in fact, it will stay intact even if you try to carry it around in that condition.
Not many rimless aquariums allow you to add lighting to them, but this one does. You can only hook up a 4-watt LED bulb, and you will be able to provide enough light to the fish. This will also allow for a clearer view into the aquarium.
- The glass on all sides of the aquarium is 6mm thick, which is strong enough to hold 4 gallons of water easily.
- The glass is super white, which is one of the best transparent kinds that you will find. It allows you to see inside more clearly.
- You will also receive a garden mat with the aquarium which will give the entire setup a great look.
- It has a beveled front panel which adds great design to the aquarium.
- Lighting can also be hooked up to the aquarium. It comes with a stand for that; you will need a 4-watt actinic LED and a 6500k 13-watt light (two of them).
- The light fixtures are also addable at the base of the aquarium which gives is a beautiful feel.
- The tank has spacious dimensions, so you can add as many fish as you want. It measures 12.2 inches x 7.5 inches x 9.8 inches.
JBJ Rimless Cube Tank Review
Imagine having a 30-gallon rimless fish tank. How strong will it look with your interior décor? A great aquarium which will provide a perfect home for your school of fish is the JBJ Lighting JB7338 Rimless Cube, 30-Gallon. This fish tank comes equipped with various features that add to its enormous size.
The best part about this fish tank is that it gives a panoramic view of the tank. It accentuates the looks of the aquarium and adds style to your home. This wide-angle representation also allows you to see the fish in a better position.
We must also add the unusual design of the aquarium to its list of features. It is a rimless tank whose design is sleek and chic at the same time, so if you have a modern looking house, you might want to think about this tank.
- The tank offers an excellent panoramic view of the contents inside – a feature that is not offered by many other manufacturers.
- The design of the tank is one of the best and will look great in a modern setting of a house or an office.
- The filtration system of the tank is brilliant, ensuring that the entire look of the tank does not fall apart. The system is made up of acrylic. The system also has a high water flow which makes sure that the water is kept clean at all times.
- The filtration system includes a variety of equipment that ensures a clean tank at all times.
- The tank can easily hold up to 30 gallons of water and the glass used on all sides is 8mm thick, making it quite strong.
- The dimensions of the tank are 23.6 inches x 19.7 inches x 16.5 inches.
SCA 66 Gallon Sca Starfire Glass Aquarium Review
If you are looking for an aquarium, you need to make sure that it looks great with your home and comes with easy cleaning abilities. One such product includes the SCA 66 Gallon Starfire Rimless Aquariums Pump System 32″ x 24″ x 20″ 10mm with Built-In Overflow, which is considered to be one of the best tanks in the market.
This rimless aquarium comes with a built-in overflow. This is a great feature as the tank is incredibly big and can hold 66 gallons of water. As cleaning such a big tank can be a hassle, the overflow system allows easy cleaning of the tank and maintains the aquarium’s water overflow.
It has a PH2500 return pump which is one of the strongest of its kind and works incredibly well. The water will be kept regulated for the fish which ensures a longer life span.
- The aquarium is rimless and can hold 66 gallons of water.
- It comes with a built-in overflow which allows proper regulation of water that ensures the fish are kept in good conditions.
- The dimensions of the aquarium are 32 inches x 24 inches x 31.5 inches.
- The glass of the aquarium is Starfire and is 10mm thick, which is sturdy enough to hold an enormous amount of water.
- It includes a PH2500 return pump.
- You will also receive a 180-gallon SCA-302 Skimmer.
- It will also come with bio balls, return lot lines, a filter media and all the required pipes and tubes for the overflow system.
- If you have saltwater fish, it is not a problem as well since as the system supports that.
Things to consider when purchasing a fish tank
Material used to build the tank
There are two types of equipment used for fish tanks: glass and acrylic. Both these materials are strong enough to withhold a lot of water. In case you want a big fish tank, it is better you go with glass. The look of the tank will be entirely different depending on the material used. Also, the durability and reliability will also vary. Glass gets the better half of these features.
Size of the tank
You will need to decide a place to keep the fish tank. This can be anywhere in your house or office as long as you can clean it quickly. If you feel that the space is large enough, then you can go for a large tank. With a measuring tape, check the length of the space available to keep the tank. You can decide on the tank’s dimensions accordingly.
Shape of the tank
Do you want the tank to be rectangular or square in shape? Do you want it to be taller or wider? These are two questions that you need to ask yourself before you search for a tank. There are many other shapes available for fish tanks as well. Check them out too and if you feel that they will look better, choose them.
A filter is highly necessary for your tank as it will keep it clean for a longer period, eliminating the need for you to clean it after every little while. If it does not come with a system, you will need to purchase it separately and add to the tank. This can take time and be a daunting task.
Each of the aquariums mentioned above is great in their way and are considered to be the best you will find on the market. As their sizes are different, they come with a different glass thickness as well. Personally, we believe that the JBJ Lighting JB7338 Rimless Cube, 30-Gallon is the best as it comes with lighting and a filtration system, but of course, you should choose one that can easily be kept in your space. Each of the products will look great in any setting and are powerful enough to hold the mentioned amount of water.